Search This Blog

Friday, January 22, 2016

French 75

The French 75.  Hands down my favorite cocktail.  Before I tried a French 75, I had been both intrigued and intimidated by it.  Intrigued because it has my two favorite alcohols, champagne and gin.  And, intimidated because it had my two favorite alcohols, champagne and gin.  I had my first French 75 with my friend Sachie.  One of the best foodies I've ever met! Hi Sachie! We spent the day eating and drinking through San Francisco, and around four o'clock we stepped into a wonderful bar and restaurant in San Francisco called Absinthe.  We looked over the menus and, Sachie wanted the French Onion Soup.  I wanted the French 75, then to make it really fun, I decided to order French fries, so we had all things "French" on the menu.  The sexy Cuban guy next to me offered me something else French, and I politely declined.  ;)  The drink was amazing, and it's been my drink of choice ever since.  I hope you enjoy this cocktail as much as I do!


French 75
1 oz. Gin
1/2 oz. lemon juice (a squeeze from a lemon wedge should be enough)
a "swirl" of simple syrup (a very technical term, I know, OK to sub 1/2 tsp. of superfine sugar)
about 2 oz of Champagne, or sparkling wine
Garnish: a lemon twist (Absinthe had these fancy cherries, but I don't know how to make those)

Special Equipment
shaker
ice
champagne flute

Put Gin, lemon juice and simple syrup in a martini shaker over ice.  Shake vigorously, and then strain into a champagne flute.  Top with champagne, gently stir and serve.  Yum!  I'm getting thirsty just thinking about it.
Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Love these ideas--and the pizza as Easter eggs is tops. I know our girls will love it. Your blog is such fun, Hannah--just like you!

    ReplyDelete