Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

House Sausage Patties

If I had a choice between sausage and bacon, I would choose sausage.  And, when I find something I like, I want to make it myself.  This recipe is based off of a Martha Stewert recipe, but I found hers to be slightly mellow and sweet in flavor, also they didn't stay into nice round patties.  I changed the seasonings, and added some breadcrumbs.  These patties are great on their own, but I like to put them on a breakfast sandwich.


sausage pattiesHouse Sausage Patties


1 pound ground pork
1/2 cup breadcrumbs (panko, or homemade)
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 Tablespoon ground sage
3/4 teaspoon ground thyme
1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
pinch of nutmeg
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 egg white
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
OPTIONAL: pinch of red pepper flakes

1.  Combine all ingredients, except for the vegetable oil, in a large bowl.  U se a fork to mix ingredients until the spices are evenly distributed.  Chill bowl for approx. 15 minutes.
2.  With clean, cold hands (rinse in cold water), shape pork mixture into patties.  Add vegetable oil into a skillet, over medium-high heat.  When hot, fry patties until cooked through.


Serve and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment